Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Dance First Member Insight from Dialogical Persona founder Kelsay Myers!

 


This weeks Dance First Member Insight is from Dialogical Persona founder Kelsay Myers!

My name is Kelsay, and I am a professional writer, artist, and somatic movement educator living in Marin County, CA. I’m passionate about personal and social transformation through embodiment and expressive arts. I stand for self-expression in all of its forms: embodied, spiritual, written, and living.

Born in Busan, South Korea, and relinquished at birth, I was adopted by a close and loving family and raised in West Michigan. Often, I write and speak about being a Korean adoptee because it is the space I exist in at all times. It can be painful having one’s initial entry into the world be an unendurable sense of abandonment and loss: of a mother, a home, a country, and a culture, even of my original name, Jin Jung Mee. Sometimes, I can feel that sadness envelop me, and I will look down at my hands. All I can grasp is the emptiness as a lifetime’s worth of sorrow slips through the spaces between my fingers. Conscious dance, writing, soul work, and self-inquiry through the embodied healing arts have allowed me to claim a space for myself where I can feel whole again.

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment