Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Dance First Member Spotlight on Karina Pais!

 


This week’s Dance First Member Insight is from Karina Pais!

Since I was a little girl, I remember always being drawn to dancing. It was my way of expressing something more profound than the words I could pronounce at that early age. I felt so connected with dancing that I thought that was what I wanted to do: to be a dancer. I did not know if I would fit the average standards of a ballerina or any other type of dancer. I just knew that was what I loved, and when I started asking around, at some point, I was told that was not possible for me since I had flat feet.
I must have been around seven or eight years old, and it was a turning point in my childhood. I knew I had this need to express myself creatively, and since dance was out of the question, I turned to fine arts. That became my life. I am now an artist. I have the life of such, with the art projects, the exhibits, the artwork, but I never stopped dancing. Why? Because that has always been the quickest and truest way to express myself and to connect deeply inside.

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment