Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Tuesday Love to your Life of Learning

 


“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever”

 ~ Mahatma Gandhi

(further adventures of a musical youth…)

During my fifth grade year, my parents made a decision that would forever mark my life. They were somewhat disillusioned with life in Clifton, Colorado, and were contemplating a major shift. They weren’t sure where they wanted to settle down long-term, and my dad was at an in-between point in his business life, so they came up with a radical idea to pull me out of school for a year and travel around the country to see if there was any place else they would rather be, taking in the sights and educating me in the process. My dad, being the iconoclast that he was, wasn’t happy with any of the ‘recreational vehicles’ that were on the market at the time, so he bought a 1948 Brill bus that had formerly been a Greyhound liner and proceeded to do his own conversion.

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment