Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Dance First Member Spotlight on Cathy Ryan and Open Floor!

 


This week’s Dance First Insight is from Cathy Ryan and Open Floor!

At the age of 19 after an intensive and wonderful two years actors training at the Samuel Beckett Centre, Trinity College, Dublin I spent many years working as an actor. Time included work with the Royal Court Theatre London, the Library Theatre Manchester and the Riverside Studios London. I continued to do workshops and further trainings with Philippe Gaulier, Theatre De Complicite, Theatre Du Soleil and the Corn Exchange, drawn to the physicality of being present through an awake and receptive body, ready to respond, listen, embody and share different aspects of the human being as an actor.

In my late teens and twenties I travelled a lot in Europe, Africa, Mexico, South America and Nepal. I read a lot, wrote some, watched a host of cinema and followed my nose, heart, longing and curiosity about what it is to be a human being from the roots of my liberal Catholic Irish background to dancing and teaching the 5 Rhythms®, Shamanic practice and Open Floor embodied movement practice.

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment