Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Dance First Insight from Dr. Jamie Marich & Dancing Mindfulness!

 


This week’s Dance First Insight is from Dr. Jamie Marich & Dancing Mindfulness!

Dancing Mindfulness: 10th Anniversary Reflections
Jamie Marich, Ph.D., LPCC-S, REAT, RYT-500

Dancing Mindfulness is a practice over which I never felt comfortable claiming ownership. Dance and mindfulness are two of the oldest healing practices that are inherent to the first peoples of our planet and to cultures on every continent. As I share in the 2015 book Dancing Mindfulness: A Creative Path to Healing and Transformation, I am literally alive because of the folk dancing traditions of my Croatian ancestors. My parents were both folk dancers and musicians practicing in their respective cities and they met one year at a national festival. I was fortunate to be schooled in the same traditions as a young child, and to organically stumble
upon free-form organic styles of movement in my basement as a young child learning to cope with emotions.

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment