Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Monday Love to your Formative Years

 


“Lend me your ears and I’ll sing you a song, and I’ll try not to sing out of key…”

 ~ Lennon & McCartney

Part one: In which a child recognizes the power mysteriously held within a simple slab of vinyl.

When I was little, my parents had one of those sixties-style all-in-one console stereos. A big piece of furniture with a wooden top that flipped up for the turntable that was inside and doors that opened in front where the albums were stored, with speakers built in on either side. It traveled with us when we moved from Orange County, California to Western Colorado in 1969. My father was very conservative, and music wasn’t a big deal in our family. He played guitar a little bit, and we had a couple books of Americana music with songs like “She’ll Be Comin’ ‘Round the Mountain”

 

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment