Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Monday Love to your Musical Memories

 


“ Music is life itself ”

 ~ Louis Armstrong

(more notes from a musical memoir…)

In which a curious student befriends a family of fans.

When the Bus Trip reached its end, we returned to Colorado and settled down. The idea of moving elsewhere never happened and to hear my parents tell it, one of the reasons we came back to Grand Junction was because I had friends there. I found myself back at Scenic Elementary for my 6th grade year, only now I was in the same grade as kids who had formerly been a year behind me. So some of the kids who had been in my class before were now a year ahead, and I started a pattern of hanging with the next grade up that persisted right through high school. Gwen P., who I had been friends with in elementary school, was now a 7th grader, and her younger brother Dave was now in my class, and their older brother Tim was two years ahead.

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment